Native apps are downloaded from Google Play for Android phones and tablets.
1. You can access the Google Play by clicking on the icon from your device menu:
2. You will see the main Google Play store launch – look in the top right hand corner and click on the magnifying glass to launch Google Play search:
3. Type in the event name within the search bar:
If you can’t find the app, try including the event location or current year within your search query. The event website will usually have a dedicated page for their event app with download links if you still can’t find it.
4. You should see the app listed within the search results - click on the listing name:
5. You will now see the app information page:
5. You can then download the app by clicking ‘Install’ – you may be prompted to enter your Google Play password or accept the app terms & conditions:
You will have created an Google Play password when you set up your device – if you have forgotten your password, click here for a tutorial on resetting your password.
6. Your app will then start to install with a new icon on your homescreen. When you click 'Open', the app will launch and you can login to access the app.
You will need to have registered for the app to access – click here to find out how to register for the app.